Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Boating & Lake Living

Boating & Lake Living


You can't have a lake home without talking about boating. If you have never owned a boat, my knee jerk response is to be GRATEFUL. They don't call it Bring On Another Thousand for nothing!

By the same token, life with a boat is just AMAZING! When we purchased the home, the previous owner gave us a good deal on their boat. Although it wasn't what I thought I wanted, the price was right, and it got us on the water from day one. 

We learned to navigate and get to know the aqua-neighborhood.


 We got to take many dinner cruises and take in the stunning sunsets



 We became members of the local boat club from this lake and proudly fly our flag.



 And we learned about temperature and winds and ALWAYS carrying a sweater, even for Miss Mia.



I think once you get the boat bug, it runs it's course through your bloodstream and there is no stopping it. As I mentioned, this wasn't the boat I wanted, but gifts come to you in many ways. We got to really hang out on the water and analyze different boats, what they bring to the "table", and what the shortcomings were, etc. By the end of the summer, I had completely changed my mind on what I wanted, so in the end, the little bow rider was indeed a gift in disguise.

And so began the hunt for MY boat. After many deals falling though, and some INTERESTING people I had to deal with, we FINALLY found her. 

This is our new used baby. She is going to be a ton of work but hopefully will pay off several tons of fun times! 














We chose what we believe is the perfect name for OUR boat.








I think we had the boat for only a week before the first overnight camping event was planned. We quickly turned the cabin into an adequate bedroom for 3. Mia loves it.


So do we! 






No comments:

Post a Comment